2022 Conference Information
A Note from the RTAC/HERC Conference Committee:
The RTAC/HERC Conference Committee would like to send out a huge thank you to the 50 participants who took part in the first ever Region 3 RTAC/HERC Conference. Without your participation this event would not have been such a success!!! Thank you and we are looking forward to 2023!
-RTAC/HERC Conference Committee
HERC Region 3 is coordinating with healthcare partners throughout Northeast Wisconsin to share information, guidance, and best practices as we work together to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Looking for more resources about COVID-19, Click the link above.
NEW HERC’s goal is to synchronize public health, tribal health, healthcare organizations, first responder agencies and emergency management in their efforts to enact a uniform and unified response to mass casualty incidents or catastrophic health events; accomplishing this by implementing the medical surge aspect of Emergency Support Function – 8, “Health and Medical Services.” Response is accomplished by implementing a tiered response methodology that will include the availability of a Medical Coordination Center.
NEW HERC’s Mission:
To ensure that the collaboration of healthcare organizations and public / private sector partners coordinate their preparation for, and response to a mass casualty incident or catastrophic health event.
NEW HERC’s Vision:
To synchronize public health, tribal health, healthcare organizations, first responder agencies and emergency management in their efforts to enact a uniform and unified response to mass casualty incidents or catastrophic health event.
NEW HERC’s Objectives:
- Prevent the loss of life, property, and undue suffering in Region 3.
- Facilitate increased collaboration and communication of partners in Region 3.
- Identify common gaps in education and knowledge of partners in Region 3.
- Identify emerging change in practice related to preparedness for partners in Region 3.
- Coordinate identified trainings needs for partners in Region 3.
- Disseminate emerging information and guidance to partners in Region 3
- Identify new resources for partners in region 3.